You want more than just a business-to-business (B2B) copywriting agency. You want experts in copywriting. Seasoned professionals who eat and breathe language and marketing in your industry. People who can get up and run with what you need now, without extensive hand-holding or rework.
We get it.
Here’s what to look for when searching for the best dang B2B copywriting agency ever.
What a standard copywriting agency does
To start, it’s important to understand what copywriting is. People who don’t work in marketing sometimes confuse copywriting with copyright law. They aren’t the same. Here’s how to tell the difference:
- Copyright is a noun referring to a creator’s exclusive legal right to his or her work. A copyrighter is a person who secures copyrights.
- Copywriting, on the other hand, refers to the writing of copy. In publishing, advertising, and similar fields, the word ’copy’ refers to written material, as opposed to photographs or other elements of the layout.
Copywriting agencies are service providers that help businesses write and edit marketing content and messaging for a range of media formats, like websites, brochures, ads, video scripts, and research reports.
This service is often provided as an add-on to other marketing services they provide, like social media and ad management, rather than a specialist skill.
What a top B2B copywriting agency does differently
Not all copywriting firms are created equal – especially when it comes to B2B copywriting.
Why? Because B2B copy is typically far more complex than B2C copy. You’re writing for industry experts and business owners, after all, not everyday consumers.
Great B2B copywriters are almost like business marketing consultants…with a key understanding of business strategy and what gets expert readers to act.
Here are some other ways a top B2B copywriting agency stands out:
They specialize in B2B copywriting
There are many freelance writers and one-stop-shop marketing agencies, most of which offer B2C writing services – but there are very few teams of trustworthy B2B copywriters and content strategists that are actually affordable for most businesses.
- B2C copywriting requires that writers put themselves in the shoes of their target readers—everyday consumers. This tends to be a fairly straightforward exercise because all writers are also consumers.
- B2B copywriting requires writers to put themselves into the shoes of business owners, founders, C-suite executives, managers, etc. Not many writers can write strategically for such a sophisticated audience. The only copywriters who really understand the needs and wants of B2B audiences tend to have founded agencies themselves.
They drink your Kool-Aid
Skilled B2B copywriters are experienced researchers and fast learners. If they don’t have deep experience in your field, they’ve worked in enough industries to at least have a basic understanding of what you do. If not, they know what to ask and where to look to figure it out.
Once they’ve grasped how your business operates, they drink your Kool-Aid. They tap into what your target audience needs and how your solutions make a measurable difference in their lives, creating copy that catches their attention and keeps them engaged.
They pull your strategy together
The best B2B copywriting agencies can create integrated messaging campaigns and buyer journeys that work across all your marketing channels, including paid ads, SEM, landing pages, social media, video, and more.
In other words, good B2B copywriters don’t specialize in just one channel. They’re dynamic and highly adaptive to whatever is going to work best for your business (even if that means rethinking your core messaging).
They make your content work for you
Great B2B copywriting agencies know how to make your content stretch. They are masters at optimizing your content for SEO so you rank well in search engines and will even repurpose old articles, so you maximize results with less effort and cost.
They go above and beyond
Fun breeds excellence. As an expert in your field, you’ve probably seen it too. The people who naturally enjoy and are passionate about what they do perform significantly better than those who are just there to do what’s necessary to pay the bills.
The best B2B copywriting agencies employ people who have fun generating bold, out-of-the-box ideas and content for your goals. They get a kick out of creating copy that differentiates you from your competitors and drives action.
See how Tailored Ink does things differently
Tailored Ink is an enterprise-level copywriting agency with a small, potent team of writers who have 50+ years of collective experience in researching and creating content for specialized B2B fields like:
- Finance, with a registered broker and former Economist writer on the team
- Healthcare, with a former Crohn’s Disease researcher and medical review board
- SaaS Tech, with the former head writer for a marketing automation platform
- Web3 technologies, like blockchain and cryptocurrencies (we’re all early adopters and one of us is even a crypto consultant)
Simply put, we’re information sponges and natural teachers. Our specialist writing and marketing experience has made us exceptional at translating deep knowledge into accessible, change-driving copy.
Types of B2B content we provide
We’re really good at explaining complex and potentially confusing business products and services in simple, easy-to-understand language — and across the buyer journey.
- Landing pages and funnels
- SEO blog posts
- Thought leadership articles
- Whitepapers and eBooks
- Quarterly reports/updates
- Social media posts
- Digital and print ads
- Flyers and brochures
- Presentations and decks
- Emails, push notifications, and call scripts
- And copy for any other channel you can think of
Additionally, our specialist SEO copywriting services help businesses get to the top of search engine results, so your copy keeps working for you long after it’s been written.
White-glove boutique services
Tailored Ink customizes the copywriting experience to each and every client’s needs, seamlessly becoming an everyday extension of in-house teams. We quickly become indispensable thanks to our flexibility, lightning-fast turnaround times, and total commitment to being there for you.
Fundera case study: Google ranking
Fundera, a small business loan aggregator, hired Tailored Ink to build a content hub (a collection of blog posts designed to boost SEO). Using targeted keywords attained by smart SEO research, we wrote hundreds of blog posts and helped Fundera climb the ranks in Google.
- Ranks on page 1 or position 1 on Google for numerous competitive keywords
- Business skyrocketed thanks to organic growth
- Acquired by major competitor (Nerdwallet)
Coming soon: AI writing workflows
Tailored Ink is in the process of launching Inkform: an easy-to-use, custom writing workflow automation solution that saves serious time and money for copywriters, marketers, and business owners.
Using the power of AI, Inkform can help you:
- Draft Morning-Brew-like newsletters in minutes
- Build out best-in-class SEO content hubs on any topic, in any industry, using intelligent keyword research, outlining, drafting, sourcing
- Automatically write specific types of compliant content, such as for Finance and Healthcare
Get in touch with Tailored Ink
Want to work with a specialist B2B copywriting agency that can take charge of your content strategy? Get in touch.